Tuesday, June 18, 2019

REVIEW: Ollie Oxley and the Ghost: The Search for Lost Gold

Ollie Oxley and the Ghost: The Search for Lost Gold
Author: Lisa Schmid

Another new town. A new school. No friends. It's all happening again. Ollie Oxley and his family have just moved to Granite City, CA. Ollie hopes this move will be better than the last...but it's doubtful. They live in a pink house. He manages to offend the local bully on the first day. And, his new best friend is a ghost. Poor Ollie.

I enjoy reading middle grade books. I read a lot of horror, mystery, thriller type stories...and sometimes I just need a palate cleanser. I always head to children's books to clear my head. This story is fun to read, and a great adventure story. Middle school is enough of an adventure for anyone (Glad I am wayyy past those years!)...add in a ghost, a mean bully, and hunting for treasure and you've got a great story!

I will definitely be on the lookout for more by this author. I love the mix of humor and mystery in this book. It made for a nice afternoon of reading. The story is completely middle grade appropriate. Nothing too scary....just lots of middle school antics, humor and adventure!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from North Star Editions via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment