Sunday, June 23, 2019

REVIEW: Shamed

Shamed
Author: Linda Castillo

This series is one of my favorites! I am never disappointed by Linda Castillo!

Shamed is the 11th book in the Kate Burkholder series. Kate grew up Amish, but left the faith as a teenager. She returned to Painters Mill, OH as an adult to become the local police chief. She is skilled at her job. Her knowledge of the Amish and ability to speak Pennsylvania Dutch are often vital because 1/3 of the local population is Amish. In this newest book, an Amish grandmother is brutally murdered and a 7-year old girl is taken by her killer. As they attempt to track the killer to find the missing girl, the case slowly pieces together. Much more is involved than just the kidnapping of an Amish child. Decisions and mistakes from the past are revealed.

As usual, I loved this book! Total binge read! I read the entire story in one sitting....I couldn't stop reading.The story sucked me in immediately and kept my attention until the very end. Suspenseful and exciting! Loved it!

I'm glad that this book was more about the case and investigation than Kate Burkholder's relationship with John Tomasetti. I like the characters....and character development is important in a series. But I want more investigation and less rehashing events from the past. This book was the perfect mix.....mostly investigation with just a little sprinkling of love interest/relationship. Very enjoyable read!

I planned to read the entire series before reading this upcoming book. But.....I couldn't wait! After finishing book six, I skipped ahead to enjoy this newest story. Backtracking now to read the rest of the series. These books never disappoint me! I will definitely be reading any new short stories or books in this series! :)

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment