Tuesday, June 30, 2020

REVIEW: The Finders

The Finders
Author: Jeffrey Burton

I have a soft spot in my heart for mystery novels with K-9 units in them. When I saw this first book in a new series, I jumped right on reading a review copy. I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I can't wait for more of this series!

Mace Reid trains cadaver dogs. He's had a rough year. He lost a dog and got divorced. He adopts a new dog, Vira, and starts training her. Just as he is getting to know his newest dog, a serial killer begins targeting women in the area,  and Reid finds himself, and his dogs, on the trail of a gruesome, cruel killer.

This book is well written and kept my attention from start to finish. I love how close Mace Reid gets to his dogs. The other characters are well developed and interesting. The mystery itself was paced perfectly, with suspense and surprises to keep readers engaged. I can tell this is going to be a standout series!

I can't wait to find out what's in store for Mace Reid and his dogs next! This is the first book by Jeffrey Burton that I have read. I will definitely be reading more!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment