Monday, June 29, 2020

REVIEW: Still Knife Painting

Still Knife Painting
Author: Cheryl Hollon

Miranda Trent is an artist. She loves the house she inherited from her uncle. It's right in the middle of Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky. Her new business -- Paint & Shine -- caters to tourists. It mixes cultural adventure tour, painting class, fine dining and moonshine tasting into a unique experience for visitors to Red River Gorge. Things are going perfectly until.....the murder.

This book is a promising start to a new cozy series! I enjoyed the characters, the setting and the premise. A cultural adventure tour company that mixes art with local cuisine is an interesting premise! I wish Paint & Shine was a real business -- I would drive to Kentucky to join in! I think I would pass on the moonshine part -- but the rest sounded like a lot of fun (minus the dead body, of course).

The mystery moved along at a good pace. There was a nice mix of character/setting development and sleuthing. There wasn't a long wait before the dead body appeared and things heated up for Miranda. Miranda is a strong person....an intelligent and capable main character.

Fun, enjoyable cozy mystery...plus yummy recipes at the back of the book!

I will definitely be reading more of this new series. Great start!!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment