Sunday, June 7, 2020

REVIEW: Two Bites Too Many

Two Bites Too Many
Author: Debra H. Goldstein

I love cozy mysteries. Sometimes I just need an escape....and reading for pure entertainment and enjoyment is the perfect escape for me. The cuter and fluffier the cozy, the happier I am....I just curl up in bed with my chihuahua and one or more of my resident cats and fall into the story. This series -- The Sarah Blair Mysteries -- fits what I enjoy in a cozy perfectly. Cute animals. A slightly kooky main character. Quirky side characters. A bit of a love interest. And a fun, interesting subplot. All boxes ticked....love this series!

Two Bites Too Many is the second book in the Sarah Blair series. With her divorce and first unexpected jump into amateur sleuthing behind her, Sarah is forging ahead. Not quite sure what she wants to do with her life, she is trying to settle into her new life with her siamese cat RahRah. Things take a bit of a turn when she's pulled into town politics, fundraising and her twin sister Emily's quest to open a restaurant. When a local banker is killed and Sarah's mother is a suspect, once again Sarah finds herself hunting a killer.

Loved this second book! I have a weakness for siamese cats...so love RahRah. Another cute fluff makes an entrance in this book as well...perfect! The mystery moves along at a nice pace, with plenty of suspects and twists. One portion of the subplot had me shaking my head a bit as a main character made a pretty foolish decision -- but don't we all at times? I just had to shake my head a bit and keep reading. The ending was well executed. I sort of figured out the killer....but wasn't quite sure of the motive. Nice finish!

I listened to the audio book format of this book. Narrated by Emily Beresford, the audio is almost 8 hours long. Not a bad listening length. Beresford gives a great performance. It took me a few minutes to warm up to her voice when listening to the first book in this series, but it wasn't long before I was enjoying her performance.

Very enjoyable book! At the time I'm writing this review, I have a digital ARC of the third book -- Three Treats Too Many -- coming out in August 2020. Can't' wait to read it! Love this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment