Monday, May 3, 2021

REVIEW: The Ghost and the Haunted Portrait

 The Ghost & the Haunted Portrait
Author: Cleo Coyle


Jack is back! 

I love this series! It is absolutely one of my favorite cozy mystery series, and I snap up a copy each time I see a new book pop up for pre-order. This time, I got my review copy and pre-ordered both the paperback and audio book. I gotta have my Jack and Penelope (that sounds like a cool mixed drink, doesn't it!)!

The Ghost & the Haunted Portrait is the 7th book in the Haunted Book Shop Mysteries. This time, Penelope is preparing for a special event at her shop involving vintage book cover art. A spooky portrait of a woman with a bit of a legend behind it starts to cause trouble. Is the portrait cursed? Who best to help investigate a ghostly curse than a ghost detective? Penelope enlists Jack's help to discover the truth behind the portrait. 

I have to admit that I have not read the end of this story yet. I'm repeating what I did with the last book....I read about half of my review copy....then I wait for the physical copy of the book to finish. I don't know whodunnit yet! My book is on the way though -- just left the Baltimore postal system on its way south! You better believe I'm tracking that puppy! I want to read the rest of the book on release day! If the book doesn't arrive on time (packages from all delivery companies seem to be taking longer to get here lately), I can always load my audio book which will magically appear on my devices on release day. I got it covered! The half of my review copy that I read was very good! But I'm making myself wait to finish the story! 

For those new to Cleo Coyle's books (pseudonym for a husband and wife writing team), their Coffeehouse Mystery series is also very good! I'm a firm fan of that series too! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment