Thursday, May 6, 2021

REVIEW: Project Hail Mary

 Project Hail Mary
Author: Andy Weir


When I got offered a review copy of this book, I jumped right on it. But I got about 2/3 of the way through and stopped reading....

.....because I knew the audio book would be amazing and I didn't want to get to the end of the story. I wanted to start all over at the beginning and listen to the audiobook! I eagerly awaited Release Day....loaded it to my phone....and started this awesome story all over again so I could hear it! Talk about a binge listen! 

I love sci-fi...especially stories like this one. Earth under theat. An unlikely hero trying to save humanity and facing rough odds. Alien life. The huge expanse of space.  I was totally geeking out the entire time I listened (and read) this book. I kept pausing to look things up -- the physics involved, information on the sun, and whatever else popped into my head. I LOVE it when a book engages me like this -- nothing like some research tangents to really plug me into a story and characters! 

Andy Weir never disappoints me! I thoroughly enjoyed this new book and can't wait to see what he comes up with next! And, I am hoping that they make this story into a movie! Please, please, please! 

The audio book, narrated by Ray Porter, is a bit over 16 hours long. Ray Porter is an amazing narrator! He put the right emotion and humor into his voice acting and brought the story to life! I knew I recognized his voice from somewhere so I looked through my Audible Library -- he is also the narrator for the Bobiverse books! He's definitely near the tippy top of my favorite male narrators...Scott Brick beats him out by just a bit. Porter is sandwiched in-between Brick and Wil Wheaton...the trifecta of awesome narrators IMHO. 

But I digress....

Back to Project Hail Mary!

This book is awesome to read! And awesome to listen to! Full stars from me!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House - Ballentine. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Including this one -- MAKE A MOVIE!**


No comments:

Post a Comment