Sunday, May 2, 2021

REVIEW: Absolutely Everything!

 Absolutely Everything! A History of Earth, Dinosaurs, Rulers
Robots, and Other Things Too Numerous to Mention
Author: Christopher Lloyd


While this book is geared to middle grade children, the snippets of facts and history from the beginning of the universe clear up to modern times was interesting for me, too!

 I listened to the audio book version of this book. The author, Christopher Lloyd, narrates his own book. Up until now I always said only actors and Neil Gaiman should narrate their own books, but Christopher Lloyd is now added to this list. His voice is pleasant and he does a very good job of reading his whirlwind history of almost everything. I read up on this author....he's a lecturer specializing in sweeping, big scope histories. I couldn't help thinking as I listened to him talk about events, people, and changes in the universe and Earth over time that this man is the school assembly we always wished we could have, but never got. Or the popular professor whose classes are always full because students just like him and enjoy his lectures. It's a super power I think -- the ability to bring complex subjects  to a level that makes students love to learn and seek knowledge. And this author has that superpower!  This book was interesting, entertaining and filled with facts on a huge variety of things. Very interesting! 

This book is the reason why I read a lot of books for kids. It isn't bogged down by adult nonsense, but just conveys the joy of learning and knowing. Very entertaining and informative listen...and I will be looking for more audio books of this author's work. 

The audio book is about 6.5 hours long, and is organized into 15 chapters. It starts with the beginning of the universe in chapter 1 and ends with 1945-present day in chapter 15. Lloyd covers everything from dinosaurs to climate change. Great book -- for kids and adults!

**I voluntarily listened to a review copy of this audio book from Spotlight Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment