Saturday, June 5, 2021

REVIEW: A Terrifying Taste of Short & Shivery

 A Terrifying Taste of Short & Shivery
Author: Robert D. Sans Souci


I love this series of horror tales for kids! Short & Shivery is always fun, entertaining and just a bit creepy! The tales are scary without being TOO scary -- definitely middle grade age appropriate. This book gathers 30 folklore and creepy tales from around the world. 

Usually when I read a book like this, the stories are ones I've heard before, just rewritten and polished up a bit. But this time, many of these stories were new to me! Loved it! 

There are several illustrations in the book by Lenny Wooden. The drawings are simple black and white, but really add an edge to the stories. There's just something extra creepy about a scary story....with pictures! And the cover art is awesome! 

I love these old creepy books for kids -- always reminds me of book orders when I was in school! If the order blank ever included a story anthology like this one, I always ordered a copy! Loved stuff like this back then...and still do!


No comments:

Post a Comment