Thursday, June 3, 2021

REVIEW: The Loch

 The Loch
Author: Steve Alten


I grabbed this audio book on sale because I love, love, love (love x 10) monster stories....and only after I bought it did I realize the story is by the author who wrote The Meg series. Then I was really excited -- I really enjoyed The Meg! Sometimes it takes me awhile to get to a new audio book (and sometimes they get lost in the shuffle of my TBR and I forget I even have them!)....not this time! I started listening to this story immediately! Steve Alten + Loch Ness = awesome story! 

The basics: Following an accident during a scientific expedition, Marine Biologist Zachary Wallace finds himself battling night terrors and a fear of the water. As his career begins to implode, Zachary's life is further upended when he hears from his long estranged father in Scotland. In a strange twist of events, Zachary finds himself investigating a series of strange attacks on Loch Ness. Has Nessie decided to become a dangerous, people-eating cryptid? 

Great story. Interesting characters. Lots of action and suspense. I loved it! 

The audio book is just over 15 hours long and narrated by P.J. Ochlan. Ochlan gives a great voice acting performance -- even does a great job at all the Scottish accents! Very entertaining listen!



No comments:

Post a Comment