Thursday, November 25, 2021

REVIEW: Christmas With the Cornish Girls

 Christmas With the Cornish Girls
Author: Betty Walker


The story of The Cornish Girls continues in this second book in the series. Christmas 1941. Eva, Lily and Rose work in a convalescent home for wounded soldiers. The war has had an effect on all aspects of life. But, the holidays are a season of light and hope even during wartime. 

These books would make an excellent PBS series. The stories remind me of The Land Girls or Home Fires. Enjoyable characters, dramatic events and heartwarming emotions. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop! I found myself sneaking moments of reading in whenever I could just to find out what happens next. I can only imagine what it was like for the people who actually experienced this era in world history. So much change, uncertainty, loss, violence and upheaval. It would have been so difficult to adapt and survive. But little bright spots like the holidays back then must have meant so much. 

Another great book by Betty Walker. Can't wait to read the next one! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Avon Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

 

No comments:

Post a Comment