Monday, November 15, 2021

REVIEW: Murder at Mallowan Hall

 Murder at Mallowan Hall
Author: Colleen Cambridge


Agatha Christie has been my favorite author since I was 9 years old and discovered Hercule Poirot. As a Christie lover, the concept of this novel made me jump at the chance to read it - what a fun idea for a series! The main character, Phyllida Bright, is the head housekeeper for Christie and her husband, Max Mallowan. Mallowan Hall is a large country manor and Phyllida runs the household efficiently. She is very protective of her employers and wants things to be just right at all times. A dead body in the library does tend to get things in an uproar, however.....

I love the 1930's setting for this novel, and although completely fictionalized the house, staff and setting sucked me into the story immediately. Can you imagine?? A cold blooded murder....in the library....at AGATHA CHRISTIE's house???  :) Perfect!! 

The story moves at a nice pace. There is plenty of sleuthing and lots of suspects. It was like being in a Christie novel featuring her own household staff. Fun! 

I read a digital review copy of this book, and also listened to the audiobook. Narrated by Jennifer M. Dixon, the audio is just short of 9.5 hours. Dixon has the perfect voice to narrate this book! Her voice acting performance was wonderful. A fun, interesting listening experience! 

I am definitely, 100%, no doubt whatsoever completely on board for more stories in this series! Can't wait!!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington and listened to audio from HighBridge Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment