Sunday, November 28, 2021

REVIEW: Dark River Inn

 Dark River Inn
Author: JR Erickson


Dan, a police detective on suspension, has imploded his life. On his ex-wife's wedding day, he just has to get away so he travels to his brother's cabin near the Ohio River. Time to think. Time to relax. Time to forget. But he's not there even two whole days before he gets pulled into a mystery.....a girl who disappeared years before. What happened to Ivy Trent? 

This book is SO good!! I started reading on my PC while doing laundry. Over the course of the day I had to switch from PC to my Iphone to my Ipad....back and forth technology hopping. I read while standing in line at the grocery.....in a parking lot waiting for my son to get off work.....as I folded laundry....even while cooking dinner. This story sucked me right in and kept me reading until the last word. Loved it! 

This story is a mix of mystery and supernatural...with just a splash of romance added in. Well-written and quite suspenseful! This is the first book by JR Erickson that I've read, and I'm definitely reading more! Like...  All. The. Books.  Yep....I'm hooked.  Thanks for the great story, Jacki! 

There is a bonus epilogue to the story that readers can download (link included at the end of the story in the Kindle book), and a freebie story called Kerry Manor as well (link on author's website at http://jrericksonauthor.com/  ). Plus, the series is included in Kindle Unlimited for those who subscribe to that service.   

There are four books in the Troubled Spirits series so far. I've got book two - Helme House - queued up in my Kindle app already! Can't wait to start reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment