Friday, February 25, 2022

REVIEW: Dead Silence

 Dead Silence
Author: S.A. Barnes


The front cover of this book is what grabbed me and reeled me in....I had to read this story! I love Sci-Fi horror. Space is mesmerizing, exciting.....and scary. Beautiful and completely inhospitable for human life. Great set up for horror! 

Clarie is the lead technician for a Salvage Crew. But won't be for long....they are being replaced by machines. Made redundant. The last beacon. The last mission. Then...the crew picks up a strange signal and finds a ghost ship. This discovery might just be the last everything for her crew....

I started out reading a digital arc of this book....and loving every word of it! I became engaged with the characters and the story immediately.  Work and adulting kept me from finishing before release day, so I snatched up the audio book and started the story over again. There's just something about having a horror story read to me that makes the tale even more suspenseful! 

The audio is narrated by Lauren Ezzo and runs nearly 13 hours. Ezzo reads at a nice pace and does a superb job of voice acting. She really brought the story to life!

This is the first book by S.A. Barnes that I've read. She also publishes under the name Stacey Kade (YA and romance genres). I can't wait to read the next horror novel she publishes! 

**I voluntarily read a digital arc of this book from Macmillan/Tor-Forge, and also purchased the audio book (Macmillan Audio) because I loved the story! All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment