Monday, November 7, 2022

REVIEW: Empty Smiles

 Empty Smiles
Author: Katherine Arden


Empty Smiles is the fourth and final book in the middle-grade horror series, Small Spaces. I love creepy stories written for kids -- no heavy, traumatizing adult themes....just entertaining with a spooky edge. I have enjoyed this series from the start, and this final book is just as good as the first three!

This time, the kids work frantically to get one of their friends back from The Smiling Man, while facing a demented, evil carnival. Yep -- clowns are involved. They are scary enough when they aren't evil horror clowns with sharp teeth!! And, there are dolls, too. Doubly spooky!  The story is very entertaining and creepy. It kept my attention from start to finish.  I'm sorry to see this series end, but I was quite satisfied by the ending.

I'm eagerly awaiting what Katherine Arden publishes next! I have enjoyed all her books!



No comments:

Post a Comment