Saturday, November 12, 2022

REVIEW: Mountain Town Mischief With a Poodle

 Mountain Town Mischief With a Poodle
Author: Virginia Fox


I love cozy mysteries, especially if they are set near where I live. Since I moved to CO this past summer, I jumped right at the chance to read a cozy set here. But, while the book is entertaining, it is a bit too much like a romance novel for me. Just not my type of cozy.

The story is cute and I did finish reading, but too much romance and not enough mystery for my taste. The relationship between the main character, Jasmine, and her new boyfriend just moved too fast. Her new friendships formed after moving from Seattle to small-town CO were also insta-relationships. The plot felt like it glossed over any character building straight to MC-is-set-up-and-in-her-new-life. I felt the romance is more the focus of the plot than mystery/suspense.

Readers who really love romance mixed with a bit of mystery will enjoy this series.

I'm glad I tried Virginia Fox's writing. She is popular for a reason. But, this series is just not for me. Not every book or series is for every reader. And this one was just not for me. Doesn't mean it's a bad book....the story is just meant for others.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Dragonbooks Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment