Friday, November 11, 2022

REVIEW: A Sliver of Darkness

 A Sliver of Darkness
Author: CJ Tudor


CJ Tudor had me as a dedicated reader from her very first book -- The Chalk Man. If she wrote a Compendium of Stereo Instructions, I would buy it and read it. I'm sure she could give even stereo installation a cool, creepy vibe! So, of course, I jumped right on a short story collection.

This collection of 11 dark stories has a bit of everything. Old friends. Love. Revenge. Jealousy. Mistaken identity. Time. Hidden things. Secrets. Killers. Teenagers. Even butterflies and a cruise ship. The themes are varied, but all are creepy and well-written. My favorite? Dust. Excellent story! There wasn't a single story I didn't enjoy. Even the cover art is excellent!

The best part? Before each story she includes an introduction about where her head was at when she wrote the tale.

Loved this book!! Not really a surprise though. I've loved them all so far!

And, I already have a review copy of her next book, The Drift.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House/Ballentine. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment