Wednesday, November 9, 2022

REVIEW: A Trace of Poison

A Trace of  Poison
Author: Colleen Cambridge


This mystery series, in my opinion, has the most awesome basic premise ever. The main character, Phyllida Bright, is Agatha Christie's housekeeper. Not only does she keep Mallowan Hall running smoothly, but she also plays amateur detective when things go wrong. Investigating deaths tied to the Queen of Mystery Writers -- beautiful! Such an awesome idea for a book series!

I enjoyed this second book in the Phyllida Bright series just as much as the first. This time, members of the famous Detection Club have been invited to take part in a murder fete fundraiser to aid an orphanage. Things go horribly wrong when Father Tooley drops dead during the party on the first night. When a second attempt is made on another guest, Agatha of course calls in Phyllida to investigate. Can you even imagine a murder at an event involving so many famous mystery writers? Who would dare!?
Perfect idea for an awesome plot, in my opinion! The ending surprised me - I didn't see it coming. I love it when that happens!!

The story kept my attention from start to finish. I love the characters and the basic premise of this series. And I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the next book!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment