Sunday, June 2, 2024

REVIEW: Jealousy Filled Donuts

 Jealousy Filled Donuts
Author: Ginger Bolton


Jealousy Filled Donuts is the 3rd book in the Deputy Donut cozy mystery series. 

The Basics: This time around, Emily Westhill and the crew at Deputy Donut are making sweet treats for the annual July 4th Parade and Picnic in Fallingbrook, WI. The donuts are of course red, white, blue and delicious! The day is perfect - good food, friends, summer festivities.....until a hidden firework explodes killing a rather important spectator. Unfortunately, Emily finds herself at the center of the investigation again as the firework seems to have been hidden inside a bag of donuts from her shop.... 

I enjoyed this third installment in the Deputy Donut series. The investigation kept my attention from start to finish. I thought the ending seemed a bit rushed and the motivation of the killer didn't seem to match the amount of work needed to kill the intended target. But, even though I raised an eyebrow at the identity of the killer, it didn't damage my enjoyment of the book. I wanted to know how Emily and local law enforcement were going to get to the bottom of things! 

The plot moved along at a nice pace. I like Jocelyn, the new assistant at Deputy Donut. The side characters were entertaining as usual. And, the awesome kitty cat, Deputy Donut was up to her usual cute antics. 

The cover art for this book is cute, as usual! Cozy mysteries always have the best covers! 

I can't wait to find out what happens in Fallingbrook next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment