Saturday, July 16, 2016

REVIEW: Die Buying by Laura Disilverio

Die Buying
Author: Laura Disilverio

After being wounded in Afghanistan, EJ Ferris retires from the military. Because of her knee injury, instead of starting a career as a police officer, EJ finds herself working in security at a mall. That's right -- move over, Paul Blart. EJ Ferris is a Mall Cop.

I have read a lot of cozy mysteries in my time. I thought I had seen every possible theme...everything from pie shops and cooking schools to witches and ghosts. This series caught my eye because it was a theme I had yet to encounter. Murder at the Mall.

I loved this book! The theme is different and the main character is intelligent, interesting, and a skilled investigator. The plot was well developed. The mystery held my attention, and the suspense/tension built to a great ending. There is a lot of humor in this cozy mystery. Escaped reptiles, a cat named Fubar, and a grandfather who thinks he is 007. I can't wait to read book 2!!

I read this book as part of the SaveOurCozies readathon. Penguin/Berkeley Publishing has cancelled several of its popular Cozy Mystery series. The Mall Cop series is on the list of those that are being cancelled. I hope the readathon and the SaveOurCozies group can maybe get a few of these series off the chopping block, or at least give the authors a place to connect with readers about what the future of these cozy mysteries will be. There are three books in the Mall Cop series. I am definitely going to read the rest of this series. Hopefully, the saga of EJ Ferris will continue.

Laura Disilverio also writes the Book Club Mystery series.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading this one soon. I have it right here on my bookshelf. Thank you for sharing your review ~ and great job reading this book during the #SaveOurCozies #Readathon!

    ReplyDelete