Tuesday, September 25, 2018

REVIEW: Changes

Review: Changes
Author: Jim Butcher

I knew this book was going to hold some big developments in this series just because of the title. Changes. And I wasn't wrong. This 12th book in The Dresden Files series is my favorite so far. Action packed and full of surprises, Changes kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. 

Susan Rodrieguez, Dresden's former girlfriend and now half vampire, comes back into his life, asking for help with a dire situation. Dresden is caught off guard by some of her secrets, now revealed, but rallies his allies to help in the quest. Things rapidly spiral out of control (This is Dresden we're talking about....that can't be too surprising) and he finds himself making choices he never thought he would make. 

This was a fabulous addition to this series! Lots of magic, constant action, and some really important character development. I knew what happened in the last portion of the story (thanks to my husband's accidental revelation of extreme spoilers) but the final hour of this book still left me shocked and speechless for awhile. I'm glad I have book #13, Ghost Story, waiting in the wings! I'm starting on it right away! 

I listened to the audio book version of Changes. Narrated by James Marsters, the audio is a bit shy of 15.5 hours long. Marsters performance was fabulous as usual. He lends some great acting skills to his reading, voicing the characters and different personalities perfectly, even Mouse the Foo Dog. :) He reads at a nice even pace and even with my hearing loss I was easily able to hear and understand. 

Moving on to the next book....I must know what happens! I'm so glad that I read action series slowly.....my husband speeds through and then has to stew on cliffhangers for months. :) 

I do have one question though.....    Dresden is always adamant that he will NOT wear hats. So why does the publisher insist on picturing Dresden on every book cover wearing a hat???? 

On to the next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment