Wednesday, September 12, 2018

REVIEW: Small Favor

Small Favor
Author: Jim Butcher

Small Favor is the 10th book in The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. Harry Dresden is a wizard living in Chicago. Occasionally he helps out the local police with supernatural incidents and he hires on to help clients with hard-hitting magical problems. This time, he's in trouble.....a heavy hitter from the Winter Court calls in a favor. Whenever Mab wants something, it's always horrific and incredibly dangerous. What appears to be a kidnapping case ends up involving fallen angels, grotesque supernatural goats and more. Another great urban fantasy action-packed book in this series!

My husband has read all the books, including Brief Cases that just released this summer, and I want to catch up before the new book comes out. There is no publication date for Peace Talks yet, so I have time....but I want to have plenty of discussion time with hubby before the new book. Plus, I want to finish the series so far before he accidentally blurts out some important plot point accidentally. The struggle against spoilers is real, folks. :)

I listened to the audio book version of this story. Loved it! James Marsters narrates. As I listened I knew I recognized the voice but couldn't quite place it....so I googled him. Marsters played Spike on Buffy! That fact made me enjoy his performance even more. :) I have hearing loss, but was easily able to hear and understand the entire book. Marsters reads at a nice even pace, and does all the different voices perfectly, IMHO. Great performance!

I definitely recommend this series for anyone who enjoys urban fantasy. Jim Butcher weaves in a lot of action, humor and grit. Ignore the television series from a few years ago -- it was Crap (with a capital C). The books are SO much better!!

On to book #11 -- Turn Coat! The series has 15 books so far....with #16 Peace Talks coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment