Thursday, September 13, 2018

REVIEW: Turn Coat

Turn Coat
Author: Jim Butcher

My husband loves The Dresden Files series. He's read every book and every short story. I'm trying to catch up with him so that we can enjoy the next book together. There is no publication date yet for Peace Talks -- book #16 -- so I have a bit of time to catch up while Jim Butcher finishes writing it. I'm trying to hurry though. My husband has a habit of blurting out major plot points ..... so I'm trying to get through the last book without him accidentally giving me any spoilers.

After enjoying the audio book for book #10 in the series, Small Favor, so much....I went with the audio version on this book, too. James Marsters narrates. He was great as Spike in Buffy.....and he's wonderful as Harry Dresden, too! He reads at a nice even pace and does all the character voices perfectly. Loved it!

In Turn Coat, White Council Warden Morgan is wanted for murder.....he was found standing over the dead body of another council member, the murder weapon still in his hand. But he shows up on Dresden's doorstep saying that he didn't do it and asking for help. In the past, Morgan has tried to have Harry executed...and they just don't get along. But helping an innocent man is always the right thing....so Harry agrees. And once again he's almost instantly up to his eyeballs in danger. Another great action-packed urban fantasy story! This series never lets me down!

Turn Coat is the 11th book in The Dresden Files. The series currently has 15 books, with the 16th book, Peace Talks, currently in progress. I'm moving on to book #12, Changes!

I definitely recommend this series to anyone who enjoys urban fantasy. For me, the Dresden series is second only to Simon Green's Nightside books.

No comments:

Post a Comment