Tuesday, December 25, 2018

REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling

I first read this series back in the 90s with my oldest son. We went to see each movie as it came out. Love this series! In 2018, I made a promise to myself to read more books for enjoyment and to revisit books I love. So I'm going to revisit this series on audio! There is just something so awesome (even as an adult) to have someone read a story to you, especially when it's such a rich, creative, fantastical series as Harry Potter.

I loved every minute of this audio book. Narrated by Jim Dale, the audio is just over 8.5 hours long. Dale does an excellent job of voice acting. He really gets into the spirit of the story. It really made it a fun experience! I did learn something new....even more embarrassing than when we went to the first movie way back in the 90s and discovered we had been horribly mispronouncing Hermione's name....I have been saying Voldemort wrong for 20 years. The American movies pronounced it VoldemorT. But it actually sounds like VoldemorE....no T sound at the end. That actually makes complete sense. Derp derpity derp on my part. But....in my defense....the American movies mangled it. I'm sure as I work my way through these stories again that I will find other things I have wrong....sigh. But, despite another round of embarrassment at screwing up Rowling's character names for YEARS, I loved listening to this audio book! I have the second book on hold at the library already! I can't wait to re-visit the Chamber of Secrets! (and hopefully I don't discover any more derpy errors on my part)

This is an audio book I could listen to over and over.....so I'm going to buy the set. Then I can revisit Harry, Hogwarts and the Gang any time I want to! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment