Tuesday, January 5, 2021

REVIEW: Bait and Witch

 Bait and Witch
Author: Angela Sanders


This book hit my favorite trifecta of reviewing -- a new-to-me author, the first book in a cozy series, and something fun and different! I love discovering new authors to enjoy especially cozy mystery writers. Cozies are my relax & just enjoy reading treat....and really enjoy trying a new writer and a new series! I haven't read a lot of cozies that involve magic or witches, so reading this book was fun! I usually go for culinary cozies or ones with cute pets. Nice to change from my usual sometimes!

The basics: after getting into hot water in a corruption case while working at the Library of Congress, Josie moves to Oregon to lay low for awhile. She should be able to hide pretty easily in a small town, right? Wrong. Not only does she discover her family's history of witchcraft, but her powers become active....and she finds a dead body. 

This story is fun and entertaining. I like Josie as a main character. She has a lot going on in life....and it seems more just keeps coming! The story moves at a nice pace and has more than enough humor, sleuthing, suspense and interesting characters to keep my attention. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment