Monday, January 4, 2021

REVIEW: Fishing for Trouble

 Fishing for Trouble
Author: Elizabeth Logan


I mistakenly thought this was the first book in the Alaskan Diner cozy mystery series when I requested it for review. But, this is book 2. Thankfully the author does a great job of filling in details on characters and the setting so I followed along easily despite not having read the first book yet. 

I'm a sucker for any story set in Alaska...so I knew I would love this story even before I read the first chapter. In addition to the setting (which is like auto-love for me), I liked Charlie (the main character) and all the side characters. The background diner theme was fun. Who wouldn't want to eat at a place called The Bear Claw Diner?? I know I would be in there and ordering immediately! :) 

The plot moved at a nice pace and was suspenseful. The action and mystery start almost immediately, so the book kept my attention from start to finish.

All in all, a fun and entertaining cozy mystery! I already have the audio book of Mousse and Murder (book 1 in this series) checked out from my local library's digital site. I want to find out how this series starts! Can't wait for the next book!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment