Wednesday, January 6, 2021

REVIEW: The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel

 The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel
Author: Sheela Chari


This book is a fun adventure story for middle grade kids based on an award winning podcast. I love podcasts...so jumped right on this to try reading the book & I listed to a few of the season 1 episodes of the pod cast. Fun!

Mars Patel and his friends are super smart. They all have their own particular strengths and work together to solve problems that arise. Then two of their friends disappear....and they discover that other kids have also gone missing. A strange billionaire and popular podcaster seems to be giving hints about the situation. Where did the kids go? And why?

The pod cast is fun and entertaining. This novelization was also fun to read! It definitely ends on a cliff hanger so I assume this will be a series. The characters are varied. The plot is fast-paced and interesting. I'm 52 -- definitely way out of the target demographic for this series -- but I still enjoyed it! I will definitely be reading more, and I'm listening to the podcast too. I feel like a rebel -- the podcast tells adults  not to listen that the story is for kids. ha ha -- I do what I wanna do! I'm gonna listen anyway! So there! 

:) 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Candlewick Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment