Wednesday, July 12, 2023

REVIEW: Campfire Tales: The Most Terrifying Stories Ever Told

 Campfire Tales: The Most Terrifying Stories Ever Told
Author: Sean Dresden


I love reading middle grade books, especially ghost or horror stories. Starting my Halloween season reading early this year! Just 'cause! 

Campfire Tales Volume 1 gathers 5 stories by author Sean Dresden. This is the first book by this author that I have read. 

Crawl Space: Milton has an overactive imagination that sometimes gets him into trouble. And, when things get all too real, nobody wants to believe him. Great story!

Room #6: There's not much that is worse than 3 siblings on a cross country trip with the flu. Add in a creepy, out of the way motel and it's going to be a trip they will never forget. Enjoyed this one! 

www.shadowhill.com:Michelle finds herself living in a new house and her parents are acting odd. Strange thing is she can't remember how she got there.....    Who else tries URLs from books/stories? Shadowhill is a clothing company. lol  Great story! 

Past Lives: Nathan's caving trip with his Dad turns into quite a supernatural adventure. Great story! 

Blake's Gold: Treasure hunting can be a dangerous business! Quite the adventure story!

I enjoyed all of the stories in this collection. The tales are short - perfect for reading aloud, for reluctant readers, or for short classroom reading assignments/writing prompts. The stories are varied and only slightly creepy/scary. Definitely age appropriate for middle grade students. 

This book is unfortunately out of print, and I wasn't really able to find much information on the author. Used copies are available online, but the ones I saw were going for a premium price. I found a copy online elsewhere so I could read and review. There is a volume 2 of Campfire Stories by this author, and I found one other book: Killer Tales of the Great White.  I'm definitely going to see if I can find copies of both books to read and review. 

If anybody is familiar with this author, I'd love to hear from him to find out if he's still writing, other projects he published or is working on, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment