Saturday, July 22, 2023

REVIEW: A Troubling Tail

 A Troubling Tail
Author: Laurie Cass


I've been reading this series since 2017 when I happened to see book 1 at my local library. Cute cat. Bookmobile. Colorful cover. Yep -- had to read it. So glad I did! It has become one of my favorite cozy mystery series over the years!! There are only a few series that get my Favorite Stamp of Approval. Book series that send me to my computer to pre-order new books the minute I can....wait for my copy (or request an early review copy while still ordering a physical copy)....and then disappear into my room to binge read. The Bookmobile Cat Mystery series is on that list!! 

When this book showed up as available to review, I knew I couldn't wait until August to get my Minnie and Eddie fix. I requested my review copy, and scheduled a binge read day. Nothing like taking a day for myself, reading a book I enjoy, sipping on my favorite tea.....and just having a totally turned-down, self-care day. 

A Troubling Tail is the 11th book in this series. This time, Minnie ends up doing some amateur sleuthing (with her sidekick Eddie of course) when a local businessman is murdered and the local police have no leads. This new book is very entertaining! There is plenty of investigation and Eddie helping, a good number of suspects and little twists, and the plot moves at a nice pace. I can't wait to listen to the audio book! I always read the story to review by publication date, and then listen to the audio once the book is published. 

In honor of my long-term enjoyment of this series, (and while I'm waiting for the audio of this newest book to come out) I'm re-listening to the audio books starting with book 1. I wanted to refresh my memory and see how the characters have developed since the start of the series. I am having so much fun listening to the days where Minnie had to hide the fact Eddie was on the bookmobile! :)

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the next book in this series!! After six years of reading, I still love every time Eddie says Mrrrr! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Mrrrr!**

No comments:

Post a Comment