Friday, July 14, 2023

REVIEW: Super Scary Stories for Sleep-Overs

 Super Scary Stories for Sleep-Overs
Author: Q.L. Pearce


I love reading middle grade spooky story collections. Reminds me of the days when I was in school and made a book order every fall filled with all sorts of Spooky Season reads! It seemed to take forever for the order to arrive! And, when it did I raced home and got right to reading all the awesome spooktastic stories!

Now several decades later I still get really excited when I find these out of print books at the used bookstore, thrift shop, garage sales or online. Some I recognize as ones I used to have back in the day! And I find similar books on the shelf at my local library as well! Always entertaining and fun to read. Scary but yet mostly tame. No spurting blood or adult themes to make me lay awake thinking about the gruesome stuff I just read. Just enjoyable spooky fun stories. :) 

This book fits in that category perfectly. 11 spooky stories that are age appropriate for middle grade readers. The stories are relatively short. Perfect read-aloud length or for bedtime stories, sleep-overs, camping out, etc. 

The stories are varied with everything from mummies and lake monsters to a creepy cave or a scary circus. There's something for everyone! :) The illustrations are black and white and very well done. 

All in all, an entertaining collection of stories! There are several of these books in a series. I'm definitely going to read the rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment