Friday, April 30, 2021

REVIEW: Fort Dead

Fort Dead
Author: Camille Picott


Fort Dead is the 4th and final book in the Undead Ultra series. I love this series and its characters. I'm sorry to see it end. But one great thing about books -- they can always be read again! 

Kate and her rag tag family of zombie apocalypse survivors faces a new challenge in this final book. A band of evil bandits is threatening one of Kate's friends she met months before. Alvarez is at Fort Ross about 200 miles away from Kate's group. But when she hears he needs help, she knows she has to help! Can Kate and a group of her Creekside survivors make it to Fort Ross before the gang of bandits starts killing people? Sometimes surviving people are worse than the zombies!

This last book has so much action and emotional moments. Some characters survive....some do not. This was a re-read for me, but it was just as emotional for me this time as it was the first. When reading zombie stories, I always tell myself not to get attached to characters....but I always do. There are a couple scenes in this book that make me sad.....and some that make me really proud of how this group of characters pulls together to get through the worst situations. Awesome zombie series! 

I'm hoping Camille writes at least another short story....or even another book.....to revisit these characters. I'd love to know what happens to Reed. Or Bella. Ben. Kate. Carter. Jenna. Alvarez. Jessica. Heck....even Medieval John! Everybody! In the meantime, I'm moving on to enjoy Camille's other zombie series, Zommunist Invasion! 

]I listened to the audio book version of this story. Very entertaining! Great narrator who really brings the characters and action to life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment