Monday, January 31, 2022

REVIEW: Dungeon Worlds - Reborn Online

 Dungeon Worlds: Reborn Online
Author: Aurora Weiss


I love playing just about any sort of RPG Game, but never really read any LitRPG books. I received a review copy for the second book in this series, started listening to the audio book and realized I really needed to start at the beginning of the series. So, I got a copy of the first book in this series and got sucked right into Reborn Online. 

This story was so much fun to listen to! Neil is a bit of a dummy....but I'm not sure I would do very well in his situation. Neil dies....but the after life is nothing like he expected. He awakens in a world that's very much like a video game....explore, complete quests, gain loot/experience, die and respawn....over and over and over again. Only problem is that Neil glitches into the world....starting out in a level 99 level when he's at 0 with a base weapon. Not good. 

The story progresses with Neil meeting friends and foes, battling monsters and learning how to survive (or learn from his deaths at least). The glitch that spawned him into an advanced level becomes a much bigger problem, bringing Neil to the attention of Game Masters who want to destroy him. 

Fun story! Loved it!  And I want to know what happens next! Definitely reading more of this series!

The audio book, narrated by Travis Baldree, is just over 7 hours long. Baldree reads at a nice pace and does a great job of voice acting. I thoroughly enjoyed it!  Now jumping right into my review copy of book 2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment