Tuesday, January 18, 2022

REVIEW: Mystic Pieces

 Mystic Pieces
Author: Ada Bell


Mystic Pieces is the first book I've read by Ada Bell. I love it when I discover a new-to-me author! This book was part of the January Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge at Cozy Mystery Corner group on Facebook. So glad I joined! 

The basics: Aly moves to a small town in New York state with her brother to help raise her nephew after the death of her sister in law. She wants to go back to school and finish her biology degree. To fund her college efforts, she gets a job at a local antique store. But there's something strange about the little town of Shady Grove....something strange about the antique shop....and something strange about Aly. Aly starts having psychic visions -- something totally outside her scientific thought processes. And then finds herself pulled into a murder investigation. |

What an entertaining story! I enjoyed the plot....the characters...the setting. The book is a nice mix of mystery and humor. Aly makes for a great main character. She's got a lot on her plate -- a 3 year old nephew to help with, college plans, a new job, weird visions....and a murder. Lots going on! Makes for a fun story to read! 

I will definitely be reading more of this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment