Monday, January 17, 2022

REVIEW: Sideburns and Suspicions

 Sideburns and Suspicions
Author: S.C. Merritt


I'm not really a big Elvis fan, but I grabbed a copy of this prequel novella when a Facebook group I'm on chose it as part of its January Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge. Nothing like a year-long cozy mystery reading challenge to get me reading some entertaining mysteries I might not have tried otherwise. So glad I chose to read this! The characters and story are entertaining and it was a quick, enjoyable read. 

The basics: Glory Harper has been depressed since her husband was murdered. She goes on a trip to Graceland with her mother and daughter to try and re-discover some joy in her life. Nothin' like a Girls Trip to let some sunshine in! While staying at Graceland, they meet a little old lady who later seems to disappear into thin air! Glory finds herself right smack dab in the middle of a mystery! 

I enjoyed this prequel to the Sweetwater Springs Southern Mystery series. This is the first book I've read by S.C. Merritt, and I'm definitely reading more of this series! I have Book 1 waiting on my Kindle already! Fun characters. Interesting plot. Mix of mystery and humor. I enjoyed it! 

I read this book as part of the Cozy Mystery Corner 2022 Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge. The group is on Facebook for anyone who wants to jump in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment