Tuesday, January 4, 2022

REVIEW: Reckless Girls

 Reckless Girls
Author: Rachel Hawkins


There's just something about a suspense story set on a remote island that sucks me in every time. When I read the blurb for this book, I had to read it. A couple in Hawaii are hired to sail two young women out to an island in the South Pacific. When they reach the island, there's another boat already there. Two other people are already on the island. The group of six quickly become friends and set about enjoying their stay on Meroe Island. When a stranger shows up, the vibe changes.....and things take a sinister direction. Turns out, everything is not what it seems. 

Although this sort of story has been done over and over and over again, I still love this plot line! Exotic vacation.....a group thrown together for fun in the sun....but then things go south. I always completely hate the characters in these novels, and find myself talking to them as I read -- idiots! What a stupid thing to do! Pull your head out! etc etc.  But, the joy of hating an entire troupe of characters and watching their world implode just grabs my attention every time. 

I enjoyed this book. Nothing new here....in fact, just read another book about six people going to an island and having it devolve into death and terror. Keep 'em coming writers -- I can't get enough of vacations gone wrong suspense! Formulaic, but fun!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment