Wednesday, January 19, 2022

REVIEW: Galaxy in Flames

Galaxy in Flames (Horus Heresy #3)
Author: Ben Counter


This book has everything I have come to love from the Horus Heresy series -- awesome battle scenes, plot twists and turns, action and treachery! Horus has recovered from his injuries and sets his sights on Isstvan III. More will come to pass on Isstvan III than just the burning of a planet....so much more.

I listened to the audiobook version of this 3rd book in the Horus Heresy series. Narrated by Toby Longworth, the audio is just short of 9 hours long. I love Toby Longworth's narration -- this series has put him on my list of favorite narrators. I look forward to the next book in the series (I have to find out what happens next!) but I was sad that the narrator changes for Flight of the Eisenstein. Makes sense because it's a different legion and characters...but still..... I got used to Longworth's style! I feel better since finding out he narrates the Eisenhorn series. 

There were some twists in this story that I should have seen coming and didn't. There were some twists that I did see coming but was still shocked. And there were some full on treacherous actions that just made this book pop out as my favorite in the series so far. Plus....lots of great action....drop pods, titans, epic battle scenes. Loved it! 

I have Flight of the Eisenstein queued up on Audible already. Will be listening soon! And then I plan to start the Eisenhorn series. Gotta have my Toby Longworth fix! 


No comments:

Post a Comment