Tuesday, June 19, 2018

REVIEW: Jurassic Florida

Jurassic Florida
Author: Hunter Shea

I love B-movies...especially monster flicks. Godzilla, The Blob, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Sharknado......any cheesy movie with a deadly beastie in it, and I'm willing to watch. I think this applies to books as well because the minute I saw the title and cover art for this book, I put in a review request immediately. Giant lizards. Awesome!

The basics: Green iguanas begin popping up out of holes in Polo Springs, FL. The lizard problem is really starting to annoy the residents of the little town. But little do they know, those lizards are just babies......the big lizards are the ones they have to worry about. Well, that and the hurricane that's coming. Just as the storm hits, the town is attacked by giant, angry lizards. Will anyone survive?

This book is a short, easy read. It's definitely the book version of a B-movie....not long on plot and some cheesy action scenes, along with plenty of gratuitous gore. This book is brain candy -- something you read just for the entertainment value. I enjoyed it. It's nothing fancy, but it did entertain me. Fun, quick read....nice way to spend part of afternoon. The cover art is awesome! Reminds me of classic monster movie posters! :)

Hunter Shea has written other similar books including The Montauk Monster and The Jersey Devil. I enjoyed this lizard-filled adventure. I'm definitely going to check out more of Hunter Shea's books!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment