Saturday, July 7, 2018

REVIEW: A Bond of Destiny and Dragons

A Bond of Destiny and Dragons
Author: Karen Tomlinson

A Bond of Destiny and Dragons is a prequel to the YA fantasy series The Goddess and the Guardians. There are three books in the series so far. This book has a little bit of everything....warrior fae, fire-breathing dragons, gods and goddesses, shape-shifters, wizards, plus greed, betrayal, power struggle....definitely action packed!

This is the first book in the series I've read. I found it well-written and interesting. The action and battle sequences definitely kept my attention! Nothing like deadly magic and angry dragons to liven up a fantasy story! There is definitely a lot of world building and character development in this prequel to the series. Although it is setting the stage for the main series, it works well as a stand-alone story as well. And it's definitely a good place to start reading the YA series.

There is a lot going on in this story. Many warring factions, intrigue, and a complex fantasy world. So much in one book often becomes cumbersome and confusing, but Tomlinson pulls it off with style. The story kept my interest from beginning to end.

I enjoyed this story and have added the series to my tbr list. I'm looking forward to reading more about this magical world!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**








No comments:

Post a Comment