Sunday, July 29, 2018

REVIEW: A Cold Flame

A Cold Flame
Author: Aidan Conway

As Rome is sweltering in the summer heat, a killer lurks...striking out in horrific ways. Five illegal immigrants are burned to death, unable to escape a flat where the doors have been sealed from the outside. Then a priest is killed, his body horribly mutilated and a pipe bomb goes off at a university. Detective Michael Rossi and his partner Luigi Carrera are on the trail of a terror organization and a brutal killer. Can they stop the killer before more people die?

A Cold Flame is the follow up book to A Known Evil, the first book in the Michael Rossi series. While it isn't completely necessary to read the books in order, to get the full scope of the characters and setting, it might be best to read A Known Evil first. I loved the gritty, fast paced plot in A Known Evil, and this second book didn't let up one bit. The action started at page 1 and kept up a steady, suspenseful pace all the way through. I love the fact this series is set in Rome....lots of politics, intrigue, corruption. It really makes for an exciting read! There is plenty of action and twists in this book. The characters are engaging and the crimes gruesome. A Cold Flame is a great addition to this new series.

I'm not going to say much about the plot, as this is a book readers want to experience with as few spoilers as possible. Once I got sucked into the story, I couldn't put this book down. I like the international feel and grit of this series. Very enjoyable! I will definitely be reading more of this series.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Harper Impulse/Killer Reads via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment