Friday, July 20, 2018

REVIEW: Purrfection

Purrfection
Author: Sophie Macheteau

This is quite simply a book about cats for people who love cats. Purrfection has a little bit of everything from cute cat photos and facts about the history of cats to crafts and links to download kitty fun online (apps and audio of cat purrs) This book would be a perfect gift for a cat lover or someone bringing home their first feline companion.

Purrfection is a quick read at 96 pages. Every page has a photo or illustration on it. I enjoyed the section with yoga poses that people could do with their cat. But, I expect my four cats would all freak out at being picked up like that. The wide variety of information is fun to read. I not only kitty companions, but I foster for the local humane society as well, so I enjoyed every little tidbit of information about kitties. :) The photos are cute and engaging, and the cover is eye catching.

An enjoyable read! And definitely a great gift idea for any cat owner or new adopter!

My littlest foster kitten, Little Orphan Annie, gives this book a 5 Toe-bean rating. She sat on my desk and "helped'' me read by batting at all the kitty pictures with her paws and meowing in her little squeaky way. She is a tortoiseshell kitty....and torties always speak their mind. Even tiny ones. She was definitely engaged with all the beautiful photos of cats. I'm not sure she really read the text though.....maybe skimmed it. :) I did not try yoga with her. Torties do not appreciate yoga. I figure reading time together is about as zen as she is going to get.

Little Orphan Annie, guest book reviewer
**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Schiffer Publishing via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. All meows and feline commentary are totally Little Orphan Annie's idea, too. Meow. Dogs stink. (Annie made me add that last bit).**



No comments:

Post a Comment