Thursday, November 15, 2018

REVIEW: Night Shift

Night Shift
Author: Robin Triggs

Anders Nordvelt has been hired to work the night shift. But in Antarctica in a mining camp, the night shift is six months long. Anders will effectively be stranded at the end of the world with 12 other people. While Anders feels he isn't really qualified to be the security chief at an Antarctic station, the mining operation is well supplied and safe....so what could possibly go wrong? Turns out.....a lot.

I love reading action stories or thrillers about Antarctica. It's the ultimate spot, isn't it? Especially with darkness falling for six months. The port closed. No help for months. If something goes wrong....if things go bad....all the mining crew has to rely on is themselves. But what if one of them is a saboteur and murderer? Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Only 13 people within 1000 miles. 12...11...10....

Definitely not a place for the cowardly.

The pace and suspense of this story definitely kept my attention. There were enough twists to surprise me several times. Really I should have seen the ending coming....but I didn't. Perfect ending. Nicely done!

I enjoyed this story. I will definitely be looking for more by this author. And so far I'm quite impressed with the horror and fantasy books published by Flame Tree Press. I've enjoyed every one I've read so far.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Flame Tree Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment