Monday, November 26, 2018

REVIEW: Trixie Belden and The Mystery of the Emeralds

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Emeralds
Author: Kathryn Kenny

Leave it to Trixie Belden to discover a mystery while cleaning the attic at Crabapple Farm! The Bob Whites of the Glen are helping the Beldens clear out their attic and barn. Trixie accidentally damages a wall in the attic and finds a forgotten room. Inside the room, she finds a letter dating from the Civil War era about the Sunderland family and a cursed emerald necklace. The Bob Whites travel to Williamsburg, VA to try and track down the lost jewels.

Trixie Belden was my favorite teenage sleuth when I was a kid. I had the entire series of books and read them over and over again. This story was one of my favorites. I had a great time re-visiting the story. The gang has to track down clues, do some research, and even visit an old cemetery! Great fun! :)

The Mystery of the Emeralds is the 14th Trixie Belden book. It was first released in 1965.

The Trixie Belden series has 39 books and was written from 1948-1986. The first six books were written by Julie Campbell. The rest of the series was written by various authors using the pen-name Kathryn Kenny. I really wish I knew which authors wrote which books in the series! I'm slowly reading my way through the series again, and enjoying it just as much as I did back in the 80s. Most of the books are out of print (Random House owns the rights and re-released the first 15 books in 2003), but it's relatively easy to find used copies.

On to the next book! #15.....The Mystery on the Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment