Monday, May 4, 2020

REVIEW: The Last Kids on Earth and the Nightmare King

The Last Kids on Earth and the Nightmare King
Author: Max Brallier

Jack and the gang are back in book 3 of the Last Kids on Earth Series. I enjoy these books....they are action-packed, innocent fun. Kids and Good Monsters vs Zombies and Evil Monsters.

This time, the kids discover a radio and hear a signal broadcast by other humans! They aren't the only people left! Jack is conflicted about the radio and afraid of being left alone, as he is the only one with no family to find. But a strange new monster -- the Nightmare King -- comes on the scene and Jack has more to deal with than his fears and emotions.

I listened to the audio version of this story. Robbie Daymond narrates and does a superb job! He voices the characters and monsters so well! It makes for a very enjoyable listening experience. This is a middle grade children's book series, so while it has a lot of action, monsters and mayhem, it isn't particularly scary. The audio book is an easy listening length .... just under 3.5 hours long. I listened on my commutes to and from work.

I like this series because it is humorous, has great action and shows the incredible creativity,courage, and resilience of children. :) When work bogs me down or I've read several "heavy'' adult fiction novels in a row, I need a break -- and I turn to children's books. This series is one of my favorites. Always something exciting and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment