Tuesday, May 12, 2020

REVIEW: A Spell for Trouble

A Spell for Trouble
Author: Esme Addison

I think I have found a new favorite cozy mystery series! A Spell for Trouble is the first book in the new Enchanted Bay Mysteries.

Alex Daniels comes back to Bellamy Bay, NC after years away. Her father didn't like her Aunt Lidia and her cousins. He said they were odd and not like them, and made her promise never to go back. But after his death, she goes back for some family comfort. What else do you do when you quit your job without a plan B? Her Aunt Lidia runs a herbal apothecary shop, Botanika. It sells tea, herbal remedies and a few extra things....luck potions and the like. Alex quickly feels a part of the family again and starts to think about how to put her life back together. But.....

There's always a but, isn't there??

But.....her aunt is suddenly arrested for murder. A troublesome customer is found dead....and Aunt Lidia is blamed. Alex knows she needs to do some serious sleuthing...because while her family exhibits some strange talents....her aunt is not a murderer!

This tale is cute, entertaining and fun to read! It made for a great afternoon of reading!! I like the setting (because I live in NC, I love reading cozies set here!), the characters and the basic plot. I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book!! Luckily Esme Addison is currently working on the second book in this series....plus the first book in another new series! I will definitely be reading both!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment