Sunday, May 3, 2020

REVIEW: WarCross

Warcross
Author: Marie Lu

Emika Chen is a bounty hunter. She hunts people who illegally gamble on Warcross, a totally immersive virtual reality video game. But lately, she hasn't pulled in many bounties for one reason or another. Facing eviction with only $13 left to her name, she makes a decision that will change her life. Emika will not only become an internationally famous Warcross player, but she's seeking the biggest bounty of her career. This time there is much more at stake than illegal gambling. A shadowy figure only known as Zero has something much bigger, and much more dangerous, planned.

My reading mojo has taken a bit of a hit with all the changes, stress and anxieties hitting me from all directions during the Covid-19 mess. I found myself unable to really enjoy, or pay attention to books I was trying to read or listen to. Just too much mess in my head. So I decided to try Warcross -- an interesting tech-y action story. I loved Ready Player One....so thought this might be just the book to pull me out of my reading slump.

And I was right!

I listened through nearly 12 hours of audio in 3 days. The story sucked me right in, and the suspense kept me listening. Nancy Wu is an excellent narrator! She gives an excellent acting performance. All in all, a very enjoyable listen!

I already have book 2, Wildcard, checked out from my local library. I can't wait to hear what happens next! And I also checked out the first book in The Young Elites series, also by Marie Lu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment