Sunday, May 24, 2020

REVIEW:Tomb of Gods

Tomb of Gods
Author: Brian Moreland

In the 1930s, a group of British archaeologists enter a strange cave in Egypt....and never come out again. A year later, one man from the ill-fated expedition is found, his body covered in strange scars. His granddaughter wants to know what happened in that cave....so she ventures to Egypt joining a group going to explore that same cave. What they find is.....terrifying.

I love books like this! Failed expedition....bad stuff happens....second group is curious and goes to the same place...bad stuff happens. I love being scared...but feeling superior at the same time. I read a bit....get creeped out...but then start talking to the characters in my mind. "Look....use common sense...the key, smart decision here is DO NOT go in that cave!'' Then when the S hits the fan, I can feel smug and say "See??? I told you so!'' All while still being scared by all the bad things going down and enjoying the book. I might love going into cursed, dark, evil places through reading....I'm curled up safe and sound on my couch with a book (and my chihuahua...no monsters getting past my 'huahua!). I would NEVER EVER be silly to go into any deep, dark evil anything....no portals, no hell gates, no evil caves, no cursed places....nope, nope nope. I think that's why I love books like this....I can go there, but not go there. :)

This is the first book by Brian Moreland that I've read. And I will definitely be back for more! He has several other horror novels that I'm sure I will love just as much as this one!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment