Thursday, November 26, 2020

REVIEW: As the Crow Flies

 As the Crow Flies
Author: Craig Johnson


Wyoming Sheriff Walt Longmire is in a pickle. His daughter has her heart set on a wedding site on the Cheyenne Reservation, but there is a last minute conflict that arises. And while he and Henry Standing Bear are trying to unravel the snag in plans, they see a woman fall from a nearby cliff. Suddenly Longmire isn't just trying to save a wedding, but also helping the local police chief investigate the case. 

As the Crow Flies is the 8th book in the Walt Longmire series. These books just keep getting better and better. I love the setting, the characters and the plots. I listen to the audio books. George Guidell is a perfect narrator for these stories. Always a great listening experience! 

I'm savoring this series. I listen to one book....then take a break for awhile....then listen to more. I don't want to reach the end! I'm still sad the TV show is done. I'm really taking my time with this series and enjoying each book and short story. 

I loved the side plot about Cady's wedding. Both Longmire and Henry Standing Bear love Cady. And they really work hard to get her wedding problem fixed. In the end, it's a group effort. The investigation this time was really interesting and complex. It definitely kept my attention from start to finish. 

Another awesome book in this series. I'm going to wait a bit and then jump into book 9 -- A Serpent's Tooth. There are couple novellas in between -- Christmas in Absaroka County and Messenger. I have both in ebook format. I'll read those before the 9th novel. :) 

One of my favorite book series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment