Thursday, November 5, 2020

REVIEW: Boozehounds and Balldrops

 Boozehounds and Ball Drops
Author: Leanne Leeds


I don't normally jump into a new-to-me series at book 6, but this series sounded fun and entertaining. 2020 being what it has been (horrible), I'm taking every opportunity to read more books that include humor, a bit of magic and some FUN. When I won an early copy from the author, I decided to give this series a try. I have read Leanne Leeds' writing before -- her Magical Midway series is wonderful! 

Mystic End has a lot going on for a small town! Witches, ghosts, vampires, magical mafia ties....what a cool place to spend the holidays! But Fortuna Delphi gets a bit worried when everyone in town seems happy....too happy. Does it have something to do with the new coffee shop in town? 

Fun read! I like the characters, the setting, the magic and the holiday theme of this newest book in the Mystic's End series. This series would be best read in order, however, to get the full backstory on Fortuna, the other characters, and prior plots. There were no huge spoilers for previous books, but a few things were hard to follow without reading the series from the start. I solved the issue and now have Book 1 queued up on my Kindle to start reading this series from the start! 

This series is just what I need to bring a smile to my reading time amid the Mess of 2020. Humor, magic, light supernatural mystery and entertainment! And any cozy mystery with cool words like Boozehounds in the title is going to get read by me 100% of the time! It was just as fun to read as the title hinted, too! 

**I won an advanced copy of this book from the author. I am voluntarily posting an honest review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment