Tuesday, November 10, 2020

REVIEW: On Deadly Tides

 On Deadly Tides
Author: Elizabeth J. Duncan


On Deadly Tides is the first book by Elizabeth J. Duncan that I've read. I don't normally jump into a series at book #11, but I've been wanting to try the Penny Brannigan series for some time. My TBR pile is a bit out of control and I lose track of things I want to read just because.....   so. many. books.  So I decided to break my rule of reading series in order and tried this newest book. 

I'm so glad I did! This book was delightful! 

Penny Brannigan decides to go on a weekend art getaway with a friend. A dead body on the beach adds some drama to their planned art retreat. Who killed the reporter and why? 

This cozy mystery really has the old classic mystery feel to it! I really enjoyed it! This story has a bit slower pace, lots of description of Wales, the coast and the people they meet. I definitely got the old time whodunit feel from this story! 

I'm definitely backtracking and reading this series from the beginning! Very entertaining read!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment