Sunday, March 24, 2024

REVIEW: The Clinic

 The Clinic
Author: Cate Quinn


After her sister dies in a remote Pacific Coast rehab clinic, Meg checks herself into the clinic to investigate. She firmly believes that there is no way her famous sister killed herself, and despite their estrangement, she is determined to find out what happened. 

I don't often enjoy stories that switch point of view, but in this case it really worked to build the suspense. The focus switches back and forth from Meg to Cara, the manager of the clinic. I had a rough time reading the Cara portions of the story because she wasn't a very likable character (but then again I wasn't meant to like her). 

The first half of the book builds the premise, characters, setting and starts the course to suspense. The suspenseful, faster-paced portion of the story starts in the second half. I found myself binge reading because I had to know what happened! 

This is a very dark, twisted story. I didn't see the end coming. Definitely worth reading!!

This is the first book by Cate Quinn that I've read. I am definitely reading more by this author!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Sourcebooks. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment